[DMCForum] Re: John's cars?

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:

> I was talking to an owner of a 72 corvette about Mr. DeLorean's
> death and i was getting teery eyed about it when he got me away from
> the negative to the positive. We were talking about vettes,
> DeLoreans and all the cars that DeLorean created. Of course there
> was the GTO but didn't he make other cars?
>
> Josh
> 10989

Yeah, this has really torn me up to. Odd I suppose, because I never
even got the chance to meet the man. But I've been the same way a
couple of times today.

DeLorean's automotive accomplishments are astounding. Not only did he
have a hand in the creation of a few cars, he also held the patents on
many automotive innovations, such as recessed windshield wipers,
automatic transmissions, "rope drive", functional gullwing doors, etc..

And long before Nismo, Mugen, TRD, and the other factory performance
parts lines were pushed to complement owner loyalty, JZD helped create
"Pontiac Super-Duty" parts back in the 50's.

Production cars I'm aware of are:
Pontiac Tempest LeMans
Pontiac GTO
Pontiac GTO Judge
Pontiac Grand Prix
Pontiac Firebird
http://tinyurl.com/48kqd
Pontiac Trans Am
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
http://www.carnuttv.com/roadtests/2003_chevrolet_monte_carlo.htm
Chevrolet Vega (forced to bring to production)
Chevrolet Cosworth Vega
http://www.cosworthvega.com/
DeLorean DMC-12

Protype Cars
Pontiac Polaris (Corvair platform)
http://members.aol.com/redbat01/web/page7.html
Pontiac XP-833 aka Banshee (two prototypes: convertable & rumored
gullwing)
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/96898/
And there are others that I have missed, I am certain...

-Robert

click here