Re: [DMCForum] Re: Nice New York Times Article

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> How so, Mark? It's a nice addendum, that shows that
> support for the
> car is still in existance. How is this negative to
> all us? Honestly?

It is negative to those of us who feel that DMCH
business ethics are lacking.

> Since James didn't write this, how are we to know
> that these are his
> words, and not the writers? In fact, to I've said
> the same thing to
> people people before, when I say, "DeLorean Motor
> Company". No, I
> don't take time out to kill the conversation to read
> off the fine
> print of who & what is & isn't affiliated with one
> another. But I
> guess that makes me a guilty as James here.

I did not accuse James of saying it, I asked why he
did not make it clear to the reporter that there was
no relationship with the defunct company.

This confusion is BY DESIGN..  Why else would they
call themselves "DeLorean Motor Company"?  You should
not need to read off the fine print if this company in
Texas had the ethics to build their own reputation and
not try to pass themselves off as something they are
not.

> In fact, I believe that the article from the same
> paper last Thursday
> did take the time to make the distinction. But I
> heard no positive
> complements then...

Are you talking about the article which was mostly
about Rob Grady?  Although James was quoted, I don't
remember them talking about the company.

> I know that you have a point here to prove, Mark.
> And time and time
> again you have had plenty of ammunition to prove
> that point, and back
> up your statements. And now I have to ask you why?
> Other than perhaps
> getting someone to say, "uncle", what is the goal
> here? I know what
> you have to prove, but I want to know why? Please,
> tell me how all of
> this affects me negatively. At this point, I really
> need to know.

Just venting my frustrations.  I have no expectation
that someone will say "uncle", or that the situation
will ever change.

Apathy (in general) just pushes my buttons.  If your
not outraged, your not paying attention.