Re: [DMCForum] $1000 Kapac Engines

I think they would sell quicker if they were not so damn expensive for
a low horesepower engine that fits only in one car.

It is not like you have a mass of Chevy 350's or Ford 302's that would
sell at a higher price.

How many do you have in stock anyway?

How often do you sell a stock engine?

Mark V

On Mar 16, 2005, at 4:23 PM, James Espey wrote:

> They did have some - 50, according to the documents I found - PRV's
> that
> were DeLorean-spec engines with starter, Ducellier alternator and a/c
> compressor (no pressure plate) for $3475 each - this was back in late
> 1983. In 1992 they were $4500 and in 1993 went up to $4975 (manual
> trans
> engines). I can scan and post these documents if anyone wants to see
> them.
>
> If Kapac ever sold any complete engines for $1000 or less, no one I've
> ever talked to has known about it, unless someone was "backdooring"
> them
> out of the Columbus warehouse. I'd be curious if this is something you
> heard or something you know firsthand.
>
> I was told by someone, maybe Dick Ryan or Bruce Benson, that for a
> period of time CONSOLIDATED (not Kapac) also advertised a similar, but
> non-DeLorean-spec engine (B27's I think) in AutoWeek or Hemmings, at
> what price I don't know.
>
> If anyone is interested, I can post the differences between the "Full",
> "Long Block" and "Short Block" DeLorean engines that are sold.
>
> James
>
> Marc wrote:
>
>> And Bob, those engines that DMCH has stacks of used to
>> be for sale by KPAC for $1000 (sometimes LESS), fully
>> loaded! WITH the FI system, WITH the water pump, WITH
>> the alternator, all ready to just drop in the car.
>> When you remove all of those expensive parts, and try
>> to sell just a long block for 6K they wont move that
>> fast...
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

click here