Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMC Whine.. (An Unworthy DeLorean Owner Speaks)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMC Whine.. (An Unworthy DeLorean Owner Speaks)

VideoBob i think you just insulted most of the people that post to this
forum, way to go and make friends here.

I would imagine most owners on the DML wouldn't meet your standards
too, not everyone owns a concourse Delorean like yours.

Mark V

On Mar 16, 2005, at 3:07 PM, content22207 wrote:

> Since my DeLo was parked OUTSIDE the convention center I must number
> among the unworthy...
>
> Of course as a grad student living on unemployment benefits I could
> also consider myself lucky to at least own one of the silly little
> cars...
>
> Last time I checked MY name was the *ONLY* one on the title, with no
> lien thank you very much -- whatever I do with the car is no one
> else's business but mine. I can be banned from shows or gatherings (or
> even this internet Forum if my presence again becomes burdensome), but
> even the most pristine DeLodanna's can't keep me off public streets.
>
> Mother Nature left me a major dent in the Driver's Q Panel (and the PO
> left me a crumpled rear edge in the T Panel). Managed to secure
> replacements in spite financial restraints, but it will probably be
> summer before I have a chance to install them (and repair the
> louvers). Do people seriously expect me to keep my car out of service
> until then -- lest I embarrass someone at the McDonalds drive thru?!
> Kiss my butt. Here's a wake up call: Rob Grady himself has pronounced
> the dent in my passenger door irreparable. No matter what else I do to
> the car, unless that door is replaced my car will never meet standards.
>
> To the unwashed huddled masses -- there is plenty of room OUTSIDE, and
> you are always welcome. No one will judge or criticize you. In fact
> quite the opposite -- we'll get down & dirty on the pavement to help
> you overcome whatever ails your little silver beast (hard to do that
> when you're running around in a BTTF costume BTW). We actually had a
> lot of fun in the parking lot at Pigeon Forge. Camaraderie vs
> competition, if you will.
>
> Perhaps some people have forgotten that the single best thing about
> DeLorean ownership is NOT the car, but rather the *PEOPLE* you meet
> through the car.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
>> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matt Spittle" <mds328@xxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I just wanted to add my 2 cents in here on the topic of cars that
>> aren't well taken care of and owners who maybe cannot afford to.  I
>> think we're all a little disgusted to see a car suffering from
>> neglect, even though that same image is the one we see on the "Home"
>> page of this forum.
>>
>> There are some people (like myself, maybe others) who have found that
>> the car can really be a money pit.  I just spent thousands of dollars
>> in parts over the last year and a half to fix up my car and its
>> engine, only to find the other week that the cylinder head has been
>> cracked all of this time.  Now I know why the previous owner sold it.
>>  The previous owner, by the way, was not someone who you'd consider to
>> be a hobo, but rather was the CEO of a printing company and had a few
>> other vehicles (airplanes, hot rods, etc).  Still, he sold me a
>> $12,000 car (that LOOKED like a $12,000 car).  One way or another, he
> [...]

click here