RE: [DMCForum] DMC Wine..

In a lame defense of DMCH, if the owners would support them and their
products a little more they might be willing to put out more reproductions
and spend less time on cocktails.
However I find that DeLorean owners in general are cheap mother-F'rs.
The rich guys who own DeLoreans only keep them around as a collectors item.
The people who drive them are usually middle class, and won't spend the
money that is needed to keep them looking like new.
My impression from going to Ken's show, was that 80% of the cars out there
are in crappy condition
and get passed off from owner to owner and rigged a little more each time.

John Hervey told me that his experience is that most all DeLorean owners
will only keep the car for a max of 5 years or less and pass it off.

Competition is healthy for the customer, but out of all the "vendors" out
there DMCH has the biggest investment and largest facility and staff to
maintain.
Next would have to be Don Stegar.... everyone else is working in the
backyard.
They have an impressive multi-million dollar warehouse with a full staff and
millions of dollars in inventory.

People like Ken C. who put together these shows, and Ron and his wonderful
wife who actually LOOSE money printing their magazine in the efforts of
promoting these cars deserve a little bigger pat on the back than they
get.... keeping the car in the public eye is essential to the legend.

Heck, out of all the people who are supposed to be a part of the DFWDMC,
after months
of letting them know, do you know how many other DeLorean's I managed to
scrape up
for the Texas Irish festival or the St. Patrick's Day Parade?
ZERO.
It was just me baby.
Me and about 2000 color prints of the "Ohio fact sheet".
Talking until I was hoarse answering questions.
THAT is what keeps this car alive, and DMCH and the other vendors in
business.
Guys like Rich W. and Dave and buddies who go out of their way to get the
DeLoreans on TV even if they know it might backfire on them have done more
for the car's public image that just about anything since BTTF.
It was the first "Monster Garage" episode with the rock crawler that
prompted me to seek out and buy my first DeLorean.
So, thanks Rich & Dave, and the others who worked on the show - YOU are
responsible for my presence here!
(Now all the other DML'rs are going to tie you to the bunk and whack you
with bars of soap like in the movie Full Metal Jacket)

I hope Ken doesn't take this as an insult, but I thought 100 DeLoreans at
the show was
rather weak.... on Ken's behalf it was a miracle because I have trouble
getting 5 together!
But out of the THOUSANDS of these cars out there, for a rare event promoted
for two years
to only have 100+ cars show up was disappointing.
There should have been no less than 1000 of them!
I am dissapointed with the owners who didn't come out - not Ken.

So why does DMCH sell WINE?
Because many of you don't even have subscriptions to the DeLorean
publications out there.
Some of you drive around in cars that should be under Jesse James' tank
treads.
Some of you let that wonderful car sit and rot in a garage or under a car
cover!
Some of you want to try to find every which way to sneak around the vendors
backs and rob them of the work they put into trying to make a living and
having the time and money to make new parts like headlight covers and stuff
like that.
For everyone out there who has Wal-Mart seat covers and moldy carpet - YOU
are why DMCH sells wine.

So great, DMCH can sell wine, bubble gum, whatever - who cares.
As long as they (and the other vendors) stay in business so that when I need
a part I can have it sent to me next day like I usually get it.

Hey James - how about a box of DMC chocolates? (seriously).
I think DeLorean related gifts are a great idea, because my friends and
family would buy all that stuff for me as gifts!

Just my 3 cents.
(I always give a little extra)

- Videobob
VIN#5278