[DMCForum] Re: Watch that wankel go!

That was one fast DeLorean, Jim gave me a drive in it one night in
Boston. He ended up spinning out at 100mph on a bend, and we slid
across a 4 lane highway that was intersecting our road, we slid
through red lights across this junction, thru lots of traffic coming
at us from both sides at right angles to us... Still don't know how
we survived it! I didn't have my saftey belt on at the time which was
worse, and tried to grab it when the car went out of control, but
then realised it was obviously too late... I always wear a belt
nowadays :)

Haven't heard from Jim for a while, is he still on the list?

John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxx> wrote:
> That was Jim Strickland's car.  As far as I know, he had all of the
work
> done on the car to modify it.  I believe when he got the car, it
was
> already painted black and had a bad engine.  He got the 3-rotor
rotary
> engine from a Eunos Cosmo (along with its digital dash) and a
Porsche
> 6speed and had to make a few modifications to the frame to put them
in
> the car.  Walt knew Jim better and saw his car a few times I
believe.
> He could probably fill you in more.
>
> Jim sold the car a few months ago for around $25k, IIRC.
>
> Regards,
> Jon Heese
>
> Mike Walsh wrote:
> >
> > I found this while looking for some other downloads. I don't know
who
> > put it together but I thought it was cool. You might have to save
it
> > somewhere and then play it.
> >
> > www.oneskydojo.com/delorean/delorean-skivig-wankel.wmv
> >
> > Mike