[DMCForum] door struts

Hey Bob, nice Video.

Your struts are way too strong !
To close them in the summer you have to sit on the doors I guess.

Can you hear the fibre glass cracking ech time you clsoe the door ?
No kidding, I've seen /heared cars doing that with struts like that !

Check out how far the door opens without the struts - 2-5 inches are ok,
more is overtorqued !

I played around with adjustable struts and I can tell you, that it is
impossible to produce struts that fit perfectly on all cars. A difference
in pressure of about 2-5% makes a biiiiig difference in force needed
to close the doors. (and that's about the difference you get by temperature
!!)

My doors are set so that they do not open all the way up when it is
below 50°F. I have to push them the last few inches. But hey stay open
and do open by remote. At regular temperatures they open and close nice
and softly, but when extremely hot it gets harder to close them. But
still not as hard as yours when cold.

And once they lose pressure - I pump them up again.

Elvis

Message: 1