From: Joe OBrien [mailto:joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 5:58 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: H2: Go anyhere. Including directly to jail; Do
not collect $200.

I thinks the whole charade of beautifying trucks, and glamorizing
SUV, which once stood for sport utility vehicle is funny. The
Lincoln Navigator, and Cadillac Escalade are the best, something
that would NEVER go offroad, to cater to the yuppy market to make
them feel strong safe & stylish. All basically something they don't
need.

I only call the H2 as whoring the H1 because when the Hummer first
came out it was the most hard core bad assed vehicle you could buy
for public use. Excluding the ultra goofy Bad Boy trucks, it might
still be. The whoring comes from the fact that the awe inspiring
image of pure monstrous beat on wheels HUMMER has been tried to be
carried over to the uber yuppie market in a repackaged H2 fashion.

Basically the same trand as Escalades & Navigators. Vehicles which
look beautiful, but are not as functional as they say they are, or
as their tru heritage is.

They are merely fad vehicles, nich market vehicles. If the H2 were
just as tough, and just as powerful as the H1, then I would have NO
beef with the H2. But it doesn't.

If JDZ were to make a truly revolutionary car again, albeit 4 door
or not, if it was as cool and as great of a design ad the original,
then yes I'd approve of it. If it was merely a piece of shit to
capatilize on the DMC name, then I'd consider that "whoring" out the
DMC name as well. Using you nameplate with a reputation to sell
something which isn't that great, but with the hope that the great
name attached to the vehicle will drive sales solely on previous
reputation. Aka the H2.

I don't take nothing personal, and my reasonable approach to
transportation obviously doesn't apply to real world markets, or
there wouldn't be so many monstrous SUV's that have never even seen
a bumpy road.

Like I said, if I lived in a backwoods area with no roads, and I had
to make my own way to make it to civilization for supplies, then
hell yes, I'd get a Hummer, but the H1, as I'd need something that
could get through. The H2 would break.

Joe OBrien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel@xxxx>
wrote:
> Well see now you have backed up a tad.  Before you were stating
that it was
> a gussied up Tahoe, now it is just over hyped and whoring.  IMO no
different
> than an Escalade or Navigator, but look cooler and are more
luxurious and
> capable.  I suppose if GM had given it a different name you would
like it
> better, but since it is a Hummer brand it must be whoring out the
name.

> You also keep comparing it to the H1 and say if you had to buy one
that the
> real one.  So what is the real Ford, Chevy, DChrysler?  What is
the correct
> model from that lineup people should be buying based on your
expert opinion
> oh wise one? (snickering as I write, don't take personally lol)
>

> There has been talk on here before about the 4 door sedan that JZD
was
> planning, would that also be whoring out the DeLorean name?  Why
is widening
> the product line whoring?  Without product line expansion we all
would have
> reel to reel film projectors and drive Ford Model "A"'s lol.
>

> Jack Stiefel -- Tampa, Florida
>
>  <http://www.fmtimemachine.com> www.fmtimemachine.com
>
> Direct listen link:  <http://www.live365.com/stations/radiocape>
> www.live365.com/stations/radiocape