[DMCForum] Re: Euro taillights

I care to diagree to the end. I had a truck with Euros and they were
three times as bright as my stcok ones with the reflective plastic on
it. I would show you but that truck is long gone.

It also greatly depends on the quality of lights you get. True the
cheap ones are crapy and allow moisture to get in and they also fog
up in a couple of months. The euros that I had cost $110. Expensive?
What do you consider expensive? People think that my $9 DMC is the
top of the line concours car. It's not and it won't be for about six
years, I have to drive the crap out of it before restoring it to
concours condition. My car was a steal for the shape that it is in, I
think so anyway.

Go to any street race and look at the butt end of the cars and tell
me which have the brightist lights? If the owners aren't cheap then
the Euros with out light the stocks ones, I promise you that.

You get what you pay for. Little money, little light.

Josh
10989

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
wrote:

> Oh please, the "euro" are the worst accessory ever designed for ANY
> vehicle to date. All trying to copy the Nissan Maxima is it?
>
> The el-cheapo "euro" as they have been generically been called by
> our dumbed down society significantly reduce the light coming from
> your taillights, by replacing the reflective surface area that lets
> you see the brakelights with cheesy aluminum painted plastic.
>
> Look at a car with those horrid "euros" on them, then watch for the
> same car with stock headlights, the light difference is almost
night
> & day difference. I don't understand how limiting the visibility of
> any car is cool. Especially with a cheesy plastic accessory.
>
> Ever wonder why a OEM taillight can cost sometimes a few hundred,
> where a shitty "euro" costs $10 bucks? Easy, they are shit for
> quality.
>
> Couple that with an already hard to see car ( the Delorean), and
> your asking to be consumed by an SUV or other traffic.
>
> Show the Delorean the respect it deserves, spare it the insult of
> wearing a set of awful "euros". But thankfully the car has such a
> small market the overseas wage slaves don't produce a set
of "euros"