[DMCForum] Re: DMCH open house...

YES! The silent landscape is one of the most beautiful things ever.
Especially on a warm day, when you can smell the sweet pollen of the
sagebrush in the breeze.

Night time on the highways in Nevada are spectaular as well. Away from
the umbrella of light pollution in the sky, at night you can see all
the galaxies in space. Especially after it's been raining, and the sky
is clear. Having grown up in Los Angeles, seeing the big dipper was
amazing. To now see simple things like satellites pass over the earth
always leaves me in a sense of awe (but I always carried a battery
powered black light to find scorpions too).

To anyone who wants to see some more live-action shots of this
landscape in Nevada that we're talking about, check out the original
movie, "Vanishing Point". Trust me, only the gas stations in shots of
Tonopah have changed. Goldfield still looks the same, save for new curbs.

http://tinyurl.com/6qqjx

BTTF is alright, for nostalgia. But the VP soundtrack is one that
consistantly stays in the D's CD changer, along with Audioslave.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> The most I have ever driven non-stop was about twenty-two hours, but
I was a

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/Nevada/Hwy50.htm , was
> amazing!  I did something similar, though not on a bike.  I did go
through
> one area he mentioned, Ely.  Those pictures are dead on when you see
those
> roads out there.  They go straight as far as you can see.
>
> One thing that was really cool, is make sure you stop and get out of
the car
> at some point.  Shut the engine off and just stand there for a few
minutes
> and let your ears adjust and if there is no wind then even better.
I did