[DMCForum] Re: 24valve 3.0 PRV Heads?

Hello Dave and list,

In France and Europe, it is "easier" to find complete engine in
donor cars than just alone, but these engines usually have very high
mileage. I won't tell you that you can go in any junkyard and find
the engine of your dreams but after some researches, it is possible.

If I understand well, you want a complete engine except bloc.
Just to give an idea, here is the price for a complete new 3 liters
24 valves engine with all accessories (starter, ECU, harnesses,
etc...): $14.000 without VAT. I asked for this price only 2 or 3
weeks ago. This price includes all parts needed for a running
engine. The only engine cost $8.000 without accessories.

I think, if you are not expecting an engine with less then 10.000
miles, that it could be possible to find a complete running engine
for less than $1.500. Sorry but the EUR/USD conversion makes the
price so high.

With best regards from France,

Chris.
VIN#04271.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand"
<dave.stragand@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello Christophe,

> I was hoping you could tell me how hard it was to get 24v PRV
heads there,
> and how much a junkyard might sell them for?  I might be
interested in