From: therealdmcvegas [mailto:dmcvegas@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 2:37 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Another D owner in LV

Mark is right. He's the DeLorean owner here in town with the Lotus
engine conversion. I just e-mailed him on another event question.
Hopefully I can meet up with him, and we can put his car to the test
up at the track to see how it does.

He's got a long list of people whom have helped him with his car, that
are hard-core Lotus. And I still want to ask him some questions about
his trans, and those charge coolers of his.

Lotus is nice, but not my cup o' tea for the DeLorean. Bob's got the
diagrams for the motor mounts, Dave sent me the link for someone who
sells a quality bellhousing adaptor, and Toby's got the hookup with
those forged input shafts. Next I've got the connection for a new
engine: http://www.lanocharacing.com/ And I'll be all set. I just need
to figure out where to mount my A/C compressor.

DMCH would cost me $8K total for a new engine, and I figure it to be
about $1-2K more, and I can get a 5.0L Rover V8. And STILL that's far
cheaper than the price of a brand new car. So economicly, we're doing ok!

As for a DeLorean club here in Vegas, we're getting there. Next, we've
got to show some force at a couple of car shows here in town, adn get
ourselves noticed.

-Robert

  _____