[DMCForum] Re: Help !!!!

Ok, here is a rather interesting way to try to gain entry into a
locked Delorean. I had this e-mailed to me from someon who did it.
The usual disclaimers apply when attempting this procedure.

Best of luck,

Joe OBrien

Here goes:

Okay, This may take a while to read and understand,
but enough of you folks asked, so I'll post the
opening procedure that worked for me with zero
damage to the car.

First, you need to open the engine compartment.
Open up the coat hangar completely and make a small
hook in it.  From under the backside, hook the latch
to open the engine cover.

Next remove the right angle cover (plastic) that
covers the electrics in the front right of the engine
compartment.  Locate the automatic transmission plug
and tag the "LIGHT GREEN/WHITE" wire for future
reference.

Next, carefully disconnect the car battery from the
alternator, so there is no power on the car.  Tape the
cable so it cannot touch anything.  THIS IS VERY
IMPORTANT BECAUSE OF THE NEXT STEP!!

Next, jack up the car and remove the front left wheel.
Then take that same coat hanger and wiggle it around
the rubber grommet (hook side first) at the rear of
the wheel well.  After you push it in about a foot or
so, you will see it emerging in the drivers footwell.
Keep pushing and shaping the wire so it angles over to
the drivers side window switch.  This will take
numerous tries and much getting up and down because
you can't see the wire while you feed it.  Lots of
patience is required!!

Once you have got it next to the switch, hook under
the backside of it so it will force the top (backside)
of the switch up.  This is the same as pushing the
window "down" side.  Now you are almost home.

Now, go back to the automatic transmission plug that
you thought you'd never use, if you have a manual trans.
Take the small jumper and connect the negative side of
the lawnmower battery to a metal part on the engine.
Connect the second jumper to the positive side of the
battery and touch the other end of the lead to the
(LIGHT GREEN/WHITE) wire in the plug.  Your toll window
will come down and you can open the door using the
inside handle.  You should hear the window moving.

For those of you who are wondering----the LIGHT
GREEN/WHITE  wire connects to fuse #16, out of there
it becomes WHITE/BLUE to a junction, then down to fuse
#11, out of there it is LIGHT GREEN/WHITE to another
junction and then up to the power window switch #77
and into the motor.

There it is, maybe this can help someone in your situation.

Joe OBrien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gabor van Enschot"