Re: [DMCForum] Viruses.

I fix computers for lots of people who are technically
challenged.  People who need an icon on the desktop
that says "click here for AOL".....  So when one of
them gets an e-mail with an "important document"
attached, they do as instructed... and don't know any
better.

They have no concept of how the digital videos are
stored on the computer.. They only know that if they
click on the "photo" icon, they can download them from
the camera and look at them.

Modern anti-virus programs have gotten better
(automatic updates, and such) but there is still
plenty of opportunity, even for moderately computer
savvy people, to get some malicious software that will
damage their data.