[DMCForum] "All know what is right"?

Wow.. We going OT again?!  YAY!!

I sometimes wonder Bob (and others who did not hit
DELETE), if "we all know what is right", then why do
so many people do what is commonly accepted as
"wrong"??

If it that everyone knows what is right, yet some
choose to disobey it??  Or maybe not everyone knows
what it right?

Example (I use a simple one like this, because it is
widespread, and hard to simply say there is a
psychological abnormality):  It seems like every
smoker (I know there are exceptions) has no problem
just tossing their cigarette butts out the window.
This is litter, and a fire hazard.  Anyone who has
taken a walk along the side of a well traveled road
will see thousands of butts just sitting there.  What
are these people thinking??  Some magical force just
comes by every night and cleans up their litter?  Do
they not "know what is right"?  Or do they know, and
not care?