From: Bob Brandys [mailto:BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 11:39 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] DCS 2006 concerns?

I think the concept of having the DCS across from the Vette show sounds
really good.  IT will be the 25th anniversary and we will have many new
custom cars there to show if.  However,

I  further concerns about the Pheasant run location and the date.   All
of you who are planning to go the show should visit the vette web site
and see the problems they had with over-crowding last year.    Adding
500 more Delorean people is not going to make this a better situation.
  Here is the web site.

http://www.bloomingtongold.com/index.php?link=news#comments

Anyway, here are some quotes.

Traffic

We've had our eardrums broken from the uproar of customers upset with
the maddening traffic delays getting into our show on Saturday. We are
quite aware of the problem and apologize to all who encountered it.

Numerous remedies are already in the works for 2005:
Gates will open EARLY to avoid pent up demand.
At least two or three entrances will be utilized
The involvement of police and city officials will increase significantly
On-grounds flow will be redesigned and re-routed.
Professional parking teams will be better trained.
Six top Directors and I are meeting on this topic immediately and
subsequently with Pheasant Run and the city of St. Charles to GET THIS
FIXED.

Gee, let's take our Deloreans into an area with high traffic and high
accident potential.  Wait in traffic jams and let our cars overheat in
the middle of June.   Sound great!!!

Food

Although not as deafening, there were also cries about waiting too long
in food lines. (I agree, because I gave up on lunch myself since it was
jammed.) Therefore, the number and quality of concessionaires will be
increased as well as the seating in and around the Food Park in order
to satisfy the demand.

Although the lines were long, the redesign of the show with the Food
Park at show center was a large hit. Complete with big shade trees and
a social setting right at the juncture of the Exhibitors, Auction, and
GoldField, this change was very popular.

This statement speaks volumes about this number of people overwhelming
the PR facilities, staff and food availability.    This won't be like
PF, where you could just drive down the road to lots of different
restuarants.  Th local area does not have enough to support this many
people and cars.

Rest Rooms

The number of rest room facilities (and signage to find them) will be
increased as well. Is their planning going to include DeLorean people?

Price
You told us that you appreciated the lower admission prices. Last year
the cost of parking was $10 and admission was $15. This year, parking
was free and admission was $17; this is an $8 savings per person.

The Vette People get to come to the DCS as part of their entrance fee
and get to park in our area for free.  We get to go to their show also.
  However,  DCS does no get a cut of the $17.

We also don't get the security people the VETTE people pay for to
protect their cars from the thousands of people.    Gee a  car show
where we will have to stand around and guard our car from thousand of
vette people - sound like fun!  Because we won't have any security.

HOTEL ROOMS AND SERVICE

PR and the city of St. Charles can barely handle the vette show as
shown above.  Now we are going to add the DCS.  We had problems getting
the rooms taken care of in PF.   I really doubt the hotel is going to
be able to handle both the vette and the DCS people with the level of
service people expect.

And with all of the vette people staying in the area.  Spare rooms will
be far away and difficult to find.
SINCE MANY PEOPLE COME TO DCS events at the last second (days),  the
lack of rooms near by IS GOING TO BE A MAJOR PROBLEM.

KNOWING a few vette people  I am very afraid they the problems they
(and US) will have in 2006 WILL BE BLAMED ON THE DELOREAN PEOPLE- WHO
SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN THERE.

I am not trying to be critical here.  I am really excited about DCS
2006 and the 25th anniversary of the D.  A number of D owners and
myself had been planning some extra early week stuff for this shows
that would have been a lot of fun.  However, with the vette
overcrowding and traffic,   I am very concerned that this event is
shaping up to be a disaster rather than the best DeLorean Car show
ever.