Re: [DMCForum] Pierce frame (Was) impending frame off restoration

Re: [DMCForum] Pierce frame (Was) impending frame off restoration

> Walt bought, I think, the upper control arms in stainless.  He has their
> frame, but I am not sure which of his cars he intended for the arms.

The Pearce front upper & lower control arms fit the OEM frame.  The trailing arms are a different story.  There are (or where when I bought my frame) several variations on how they could re-engineer the trailing arms to better deal with the notorious trailing arm pivot bolts.  The version I got includes new trailing arms that dont use those bolts in favor of a heim joint.

I'm not sure which car I will use the frame on.  It will likely go either on my daily driver (an automatic that really doesn't need a new frame) or a Canadian spec manual that badly needs a new frame along with a complete restoration.

But then before I finish these projects I might sell everything and go join a monastery.  I'm such a damn good Christian. :-)  I just cant get over how many friends I have who are atheists.  I mean -- just look around you.  I am continually in awe at how marvelous the gift of life is.  We are all living artwork -- really fucked up artwork, but that can be fixed. :-)  And to remove all doubt that I'm certifiable loony, I admit that I believe in Santa Clause, better known as Nicholas of Myra.  Here is a link: http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintn01.htm
Walt