[DMCForum] Re: impending frame off restoration

[DMCForum] Re: impending frame off restoration

Hi Greg,
I am thinking of galvanising as it being a liquid, would be much
better at treating the hard to reach parts of the frame such as the
inside of the front cross member, or inside the engine cradle, where
there could be plenty hidden rust. I was then going to powdercoat
over the galvanised frame.
Are you thinking of sandblasting and powdercoating your frame? How
will you treat these hard to reach areas?
I know the front cross member is pretty easy to open up by drilling
out the spot welds below and removing the rectangular piece of metal,
then replacing it later with new metal. I don't know how this could
be done as easily on the engine cradle though... unless you cut it up
like the guy with the Lotus V8 conversion, and re-weld it back
together. Doesn't seem to be a good idea to me.

Let me know your thought process!

Thanks,
John