RE: [DMCForum] BTTF on TBS (was: Re: WHO killed Jesus?)

RE: [DMCForum] BTTF on TBS (was: Re: WHO killed Jesus?)

I don't know what your talking about as far as your "wife" goes,
that was a generalization only, a parable.
I don't know who you are or what you or your wife looks like.
Sorry for the misunderstanding there.
The point was that sometimes telling little white lies is the best thing to
do.
If your wife ever asks you if she thinks she "looks fat", it doesn't matter
if she is or isn't
the answer is always "No honey, you look wonderful!".
Otherwise your in the dog house.

My point was that if someone is willing to ask such a personal question as
"are you a Christian?" or if I "believe in God?" then they obviously have an
agenda
and are trying to size me up.
They want to find out if I am good enough for them to do business with, or
what ever.
If I say "yes", they will usually invite me to their church as part of a
recruitment, or will]
want to debate religious politics.
If I say "no" then they will want to know if I am Jewish, or other belief.
If I tell them that I am atheist they consider non-believers in the same
category of
a devil-worshiper.
I am someone with morals, values and integrity.
I treat people fairly and unbiased and conduct myself in a Christian like
fashion.
I don't smoke, have never had a drink or drugs in my life, I don't cheat on
my wife,
and I have never been in a physical fight since elementary school.
Other than salty language I am a stand up guy.

So, with the exception of actually believing in God, or going to church you
could say
that I live what is described as an American Christian lifestyle.
So it is much easier to lie.

I have seen the blood leave the faces of some of my close life long friends
when
I came out of the closet as an atheist to them when confronted.
Things were never the same between us, and they feel like they can't trust
someone
who is not a believer.
It is a form of prejudice not recognized or talked about, but it is there.

Anyway, I am sick of this topic and this is the end of it for me.
Hope you understood what I was trying to say and there was nothing personal
pointed towards you or your family.

- VB