Re: [DMCForum] Re: white haze - my saga continues (Lauren)

Bill wrote:

> If your windows are fogging up with ethyl glycol, the leak is in the
> the heater core itself, not outside the passenger compartment.

But Walt told me to look behind the accumulator for an open-ended
hose with a black, oily residue.   I am confused.

I'm still not convinced that this is the problem. My windows don't
slime, they just get a white powdery coating that best wipes off
with a dry paper towel.

> BTW: Implicit in my last post was the assumption that you may be
> running abrasive tap water in your cooling systems. If you are, and if
> it indeed tears up household copper plumbing (heater cores are also
> usually made of copper), switch to gallon water from the store.

I think it may be a mix of both tap water and gallon water.  My
preference would be for distilled water but I'm sure the PO used tap
water.  I have no clue what the shop used when they rebuilt my
cooling lines, but I'd hope it was bottled.