[DMCForum] Re: Christians arrested for peaceful demonstration

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> So, your saying because the words they used were
> quoted from the bible they are therefore not "hate"?
>
> While I am a big fan of freedom of speech, if your a
> religious extremest who is going to a "gay rally" to
> cause trouble by preaching words which are anti-gay
> (no matter the source of those words), then it is
> likely you are in violation of the "hate crime" laws.

I see. So, the constitution guaranteeing freedom of speech doesn't apply?

> I went looking for other articles on this topic, and
> found none which included exactly what those arrested
> were saying.  But, if you stand on the street and yell
> "Kill the fags", then that may be considered a hate
> crime under the laws of Philadelphia.

How about you watch the video of the arrest before jumping to conclusions?
http://www.afa.net/clp/videos/philly11.wmv

It's a bit grainy but you can clearly see what was going on. The
protestors were holding signs and singing:

"The name of the Lord is,
a strong power,
the righteous run into it,
and they are saved."