Re: [DMCForum] Re: white haze - my saga continues

Bill R wrote:
> Do you have problems with copper plumbing in your house

Of course.  My house is 58 years old and our water is among the
hardest ranking in the country.

> There's no way to fight "The Fog". Ethyl Glycol fumes will waft
> throughout the passenger compartment no matter the HVAC settings. And
> the colder outside temps are, the worse that slimy film will be.

The film isn't slimy at all in my D.  It's powdery.  Only when I spray it
with Windex does it get white and milky.

> only hope of driving for now is to bypass the leaking heater cores.

Considering what fixing the Hummer will cost, yes that is my only
option for now.  Same for the D, I suspect, if that's indeed the
problem.  I wish I could wrench on my vehicles like you do!

> Will be miserably cold, but at least you'll be able to see.

I'm in Tucson, where "cold" means the temp drops below 60.  If it
gets below 55 you can hear a mass whine across this town.  I really
don't need a heater here.

> I do commiserate. Once purchased a Lincoln in Maryland with a leaking
> heater core. Drove it home in the middle of the winter with the heater
> core bypassed. Gloves, hat, and coat the whole way.

That had to be awful - I know it can get really cold there.

> (BTW: For the past 2 weeks North Carolina has been trapped under a
> high pressure system.

Be glad the icy/snowy storm is staying well to the north of you.  My
kid just went back to PA during the brunt of it.

> But I guess you don't want to hear that right now.)

HAHA - I don't mind - it's in the 60s and sunny these days.  I suppose
the NorthEasterners don't want to hear it, though ;)