VW Jetta (was Job for Flavia? ) WAS:Re: [DMCForum] Re: Tom's DMC12... fo

VW Jetta (was Job for Flavia? ) WAS:Re: [DMCForum] Re: Tom's DMC12... for sale!?

Well, when I posted the message about the VW I was thinking of the
golf from the 80's, but I got thinking about it and I apollogize
about the VW. The AMC thing is that in Arkansas everyone I know pokes
fun at them when talking about buying a cheap car. They were great at
the race track in their day before all of the emmision regulations.
  I work at a Dodge dealership and we get about 30 used neons a month
and when compared to other cars of the same class and with same
milage, the neon's interior squeeks and the tranny slips more.
Everyone that I have talked to says that Dodge trannys are bad about
lasting. We at the dealership hype up the neon because it is the best
selling sedan at work but I just think that DC could have used better
materials to make the car a better car. The SRT-4 is nice it is the
funnest four door car I have driven at work but I would not pay the
asking price for a Neon SRT -4. My personal favorite is the Crossfire
even though they are the smallest car I have sat in and needed help
getting out because of the steering wheel. DC has improved the car
greatly over the old car but the interior needs some more squeek
proving. I knoe that all cars squeek after a certain time and milage
but the neon starts squeeking before the Ford Escort or the chevy
models. With of course exception. The car depends on the owner, how
well he takes care of the car. The majority of the Neons are sorry.
Also there is a saying at my house, you hate whatever you work with.
If you ever work with fast food then I am sure that you think that,
at least I do.

I didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. It's just my opinion.

-Josh

> I am totaly lost here, with the AMC reference. While the Jetta is a
rather uninspirational car,
> I myself have never actually heard anyone dog one. Not in real
life, nor any messageboards
> that I've been to. As for drifting, yeah I've seen some out at the
track spinning around (the
> speedway in Vegas now offers drifting as a serious competition, and
gives people their
> own area to show off in), but allot of people who have them, got
them because they're
> cheap when used, and have a reasonable amount of aftermarket
options available. Besides,
> most drifters out here either prefer RWD, or AWD late model cars.
See lots of Supras &
> Lasers/Talons/Eclipses, etc.
>
> The Neon is a fantastic car. I have a rental one right now, and
I've been VERY pleased with
> both it's performance, gas milage, and it's comfortable suspension.
Plus the SRT-4 model
> that has been recently released has done wonders when it comes to
street racers, and
> luring them back to American cars. It'll be a damn shame when DC
kills the Neon. And
> even though the PT Cruiser is based upon the Neon platform, so
what? Allot of advantages
> were aparently had that no one realized until the project started.
Why do you see these