[DMCForum] Re: Wholesale DeLorean slaughter (Was: Glove Box problems)

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> I gotta agree with Robert here.  If ADD was around when I was in
school, I
> bet they would have tried to drug me as well.

Yep - Likewise here. I was a rambunctious little guy and did a lot of
running around, goofing off and getting into trouble during class. I
know those bastards would have diagnosed me.

ADD is a joke, a myth. In my opinion, it doesn't exist, except in the
minds of school officials and the doctors they hire to diagnose
children. Wholesale DeLorean slaughter? Try the wholesale drugging of
our children. They put the kids on Ritalin and, now drugged like
zombies, they sit down and shut up. "See?", the educators proclaim.
"It worked."

Yeah, no shit.

Isn't it funny how large percentages of children suddenly have ADD and
need to be drugged? Isn't it funnier how most of them are boys?

What's more realistic:

1. A behavioral disorder suddenly struck millions of children and
seems to favor boys,

2. It's always been there (favoring boys) and we just now discovered
it, or,

3. Boys are naturally rambunctious, always on the go, and have trouble
paying attention because they're, well, boys - doing what boys do.

There's another theory on ADD that I agree with, and that's the
problem of television cartoons. I watched a lot of cartoons after
school as a child, but I wasn't raised on them as an infant. Many
grade-school children today had parents who simply plopped them in
front of the TV as young as 1 so they wouldn't have to parent. "Here,
watch this and leave me alone." And in order to keep the interest of
young children, these shows move from one scene to another rapidly. Is
it any wonder, then, the children have trouble concentrating on one
thing for more than a few seconds at a time?

What ever happened to distracting your child with a wooden train and
letting him think for himself? That's what we do and it works great.

-Ryan

click here