[DMCForum] Re: Wholesale DeLorean slaughter (Was: Glove Box problems)

[DMCForum] Re: Wholesale DeLorean slaughter (Was: Glove Box problems)

On that issue, you'll probably end up spending nothing. Just a few
frustrating minutes lining up the glove box door along with the
latch.

Most probably already know this, but the latch setup is an exact
setup that is off a early to mid 80's Audi & Volkswagen setups. Me
and my father always used to have diesel rabbits & Jettas for years,
since I was born, and the glove box latch stood out like a sore
thumb first time I saw it.

I showed my father and said, "Doesn't that look like the latch setup
on the Rabbit?"

Sure enough when I was doing some maintenance last summer and has
the dash apart, if you look closley on the ltach, you will see the
four rings of the Audi symbol on it.

Neat little outsourced part there. Amazes me how true JZD was when
he said the car was made with common components.

So to finish up, if the latch is broken, get one off a 80's VW
rabbit for a few bucks.

A little ingenuity will save you $$$$$$ Ask Dave Stragand, he has
tons of amazing little cross references.

Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> glove box thing because the D I was looking at to buy the glove
box
> would not close and wanted to know how much I could expect to
spend
> on the small problems so I would know how much I can expect to
spend
> on the car at the least. The pulling it out and jumping on it was
> a,.. symbol of my frustration at the VW.  I would never jump on
any
> part of a DeLorean.
>
> This topic has taught me something. DeLorean owners are extremest,
> really nice and laid back or really fired up.
>
> -Josh
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds like those lies would be good for making more lies to
cover
> > the previous lies up.
> >
> > That's all their good for.
> >
> > Joe
> >

> > In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > So you really sound like perhaps most of us here.
> > > Bad grades in boring classes led me to leave school after
> > > 10th grade (different school system !) and to start an
> > > apprenticeship as an industrial electronic tcehnician.
> > > Afterwards I continued school and became an EE.
> > > Grades were very good as long as I was interested in the stuff
> > > I had to learn. No pills needed ever (ok, Aspirin after the
> > parties...)
> > >
> > > But let me get to the point why this whole discussion here
> started:
> > >
> > > You wrote something about the glove box lid that bothers you
so
> > much
> > > that you wanna pull it out and jump on it.
> > >
> > > This made us (me) think you already have a Delorean for a
> specific
> > time
> > > and tried at least more than once to fix that (simple) problem.
> > > (Use a screw driver and set the lid and the belonging parts
until
> > it
> > > fits - really no high tech involved at all.)
> > > But instead you don't even have a Delo at all so far ?
> > >
> > > Hell what is this at the moment that so many young guys are
> > running
> > > around telling bullshit to others ?
> > > Like the one lately who wanted to sell a Delo for cheap - no
he
> > wanted to
> > > get rid of it better today than tomorrow  - it was a scammer !
> No,
> > not
> > > even a scammer, it was a 15 year old dumbass running around
> > thinking it
> > > is funny to spread those lies. What's the point in doing this ?
> > >
> > > Or the other guys lately at DMCH. He had a red Delo and they
> > worked on it.
> > > Nice guy, but it was obvious that this was the only (exotic)
car
> > that he
> > > could afford. So why did he tell me about his Esprit and
Countach