Re: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Speakers

Replacing it with a 4x6 will allow some of the holes
in the interior panel to cancel the air pressure.

To achieve good sound, the air flow between the front
and back of the speaker must be isolated (or
controlled/restricted).  The interior Finnish panel is
therefore an important component in the sound quality
of the speaker.

When using the 4X10, the front of the speaker should
seal to the interior of the panel, isolating the front
and rear of the speaker.

If you do go with the 4X6, try and seal up those extra
holes that go beyond the face of the speaker, and use
some weather stripping to keep the seal between the
front of the speaker and the interior panel snug.