RE: [DMCForum] Home Video Recording Act.

RE: [DMCForum] Home Video Recording Act.

My video is not for rent anywhere, and only available from me.
No, you are not in the video - but if you were it wouldn't matter because I
don't need releases
to use video of peoples faces, the releases are only used when you are using
a face with the name
in print form.

I do work in the television indusrty you know, and have a full time
entertainment attorney
(who happens to be one of my best friends and works for free) and keeps me
posted
as to what is legal and what I can get away with, and what others can too.

I wll have lots of copies withme at the DCS06 and will be playing it for
everyone who wants to
watch, and I would guess that Ken might want to put it on the big screen.

On a more friendly note, you had said that you helped put together some of
the videos
for the show?
If you would like some help with any of this I can help.
I have lots of DVD programs, and video tools you might be able to use.
- VB

>From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Home Video Recording Act.
>Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:27:02 -0800 (PST)
>

>But you said you were making copies of movies you
>rented from Blockbuster...
>
>So, if I "rent" the Pigeon Forge video and then copy
>it for myself, it is OK??
>
>Actualy, I just want to see the thing.. Make sure I am
>not in it, because I never signed a release.
>
>--- Videobob Moseley <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > I suppose you could,
> > as long as you buy an original copy first, and can
> > not give it or show it to
> > anyone else.
> > Nor can you sell it or distribute it.
> > However we all know that sort of thing is beneath
> > you and you would never do
> > anything like that.
> >

> > >From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >Subject: [DMCForum] Home Video Recording Act.
> > >Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:12:10 -0800 (PST)
> > >
> > >Cool, then I can copy the Pigeon Forge video... For
> > my
> > >own use or course.
> > >
> > >--- Videobob Moseley <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ><SNIP>
> > remember
> > ><SNIP>

> > >The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do?
> > >http://my.yahoo.com

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM