Re: [DMCForum] Re: Going keyless (push-button start) - Ryan...

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Going keyless (push-button start) - Ryan...

I think most "theft-deterrent" systems are merely
time-wasters for the crooks. The longer they spend
getting at the car, the more likely is it that they'll
be spotted. A thief wants to steal something that is
going to be easy to steal. If it takes him half an
hour to get into the thing and start it, it's less
likely that it will get stolen. But there's no
guarantee.

Then again...

If you're convinced that your car is going to get
stolen, you could use the following logic: since
repairs are expensive, leave the doors unlocked. That
way there will be no damage to the sheet metal or the
windows when it is stolen. And a push-button starter
would also help, saving damage to the ignition. :)

Happy Christmahanukwanzaa... etc.

Farrar "AudioDoc" Hudkins
...on the air in New Orleans @ wwno.org