Re: [DMCForum] My conversation with James Espey

Re: [DMCForum] My conversation with James Espey

I agree.

John H, DMC Joe, Darryl T, Toby and other vendors have
effectively improved the profitability of their
businesses while offering ADVICE on the DML.  It is a
model which has worked for a long time, and I don't
see how James would consider the "SonnyV" approach any
more effective.

IMHO, even if we ignore the SonnyV thing, it is
annoying that the bulk of the posts from "James" were
self promotion, Where as the vendors I list above seem
to promote themselves while providing free advice.

I do agree Travis, that the majority of people would
take advice from "James" before they would from
"SonnyV".  The fact that a link to some page on the
DMCH web site was included in the post would not be a
problem...  Just like the vendors I list above do.

The [ADV], and as you point out it may attract the
attention of the casual reader.  I frequently talk to
members of the DML about a particular recent post and
they say "Oh, I must have skipped that one".  I think
it is more likely they will read it if it was an
advertisement.  But then the question comes, when a
guy like John H answers a technical question and
includes a link to his site, is this an advertisement
or not?  I say not.

Press Release to the DML..  Good Idea.  I will be
pleasantly surprised if they do it.