[DMCForum] My conversation with James Espey

[DMCForum] My conversation with James Espey

First off, I had to compliment him for actually calling. That shows true
cajones.

Anyways, we had a long talk about the whole Sonny fiasco. Like he told John,
he told me it was their way of keeping from cluttering the DML with
advertisements. So, they created Sonny and used him to dish good advice to
other owners and direct people to the DMCH website. I told him that it made
little sense because I was more likely to take advice from James Espey than
I would from someone who just appeared out of nowhere.

I went on to offer some solutions to the whole advertising/DML problem. He
could do like Hervey and answer tech questions and point them to solutions
that he offers. Also, whenever a new product came out, I recommended he put
an [ADV] in front of it to indicate it was an ad. That way people would know
it's an ad and could elect whether to read it or not. But truthfully, if you
saw a title that said "[ADV] New binnacles at DMCH" you'd click it right? I
guess it's up to the moderators to sort out that kind of thing with the
vendors.

Anyways, he said he was sorry for deceiving us and was interested in making
it right. My suggestion was that he put out a sort of press release to the
DML and explain it and that would close the loop on whole mess for good.

In the meantime, he's fielding questions about the issue so feel free to
call him up.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada