Re: [DMCForum] Samuel's Lean Mixture

What got us looking at the idle speed motor was Samuel was
sure he heard a vacuum leak in the area.  But then listening
to my car, it sounded the same.  We then noticed that his
idle speed motor wasn't buzzing like a normal one, so we
pulled it off & messed with it.

We found his hot start problem by accident, tho.  I was
diagnosing my warm start problem.  I put a meter on my
thermo time switch to see if my mostly cool engine was cold
enough to activate the cold start valve.  It was.  So I put
the meter on Samuel's (his engine was fully warmed up) and
his thermo time switch was also ready to activate the cold
start valve.  So we left it unplugged to see if it was the
source of his hot start problem, and it was.  My car,
however, still has the warm-start problem.  But I think mine
is due to the cold start valve not activating when it needs
to.  Time will tell, but who has time?  Oh wait, this car is
a time machine....

Walt

click here