[DMCForum] Re: Laughter

I bought my first D when I was 19, but much like you had DeLorean
fever BAD since I was probably about 12 years old. Adults always
laughed at me asking why I'd want one of those lemons, they're
trouble, they're underpowered, they're coke cars etc etc etc. My
father who's a big muscle car guy was one of the toughest critics of
the D. He just couldn't understand why I would want a 130hp v6 car.
But when I bought mine he just had to drive it. And after that first
drive he absolutely raved about it and finally understood what I saw
in the car. He loved how it handled and how composed it was at 80mph
on winding back roads. He's honestly driven my DeLorean more in the
last 3 years than he has his '69 Mustang Boss 302 which he bought
new. You'll be surprised... some of your toughest critics will be
the ones who absolutely have to have a ride in your D when you get
it.

I know I too was tempted by other things with my money in the
process of saving up for my D. I turned down newer cars, a trip to
Greece, Spring Breaks, and a ton of other stuff just to have a D.
But in the end I'm happy I did... owning a DeLorean was one of my
biggest life goals and owning one has changed my life in a lot of
really positive ways. Restoring my D's has brought my father and I
closer together, I've learned so much about working on cars, and so
many other life skills. The car helped me grow up. Yeah there are
times when I just want to roll the damn thing in front of an
oncoming train, but as a whole DeLorean ownership has been one of
the most positive experiences of my life. I still look out my window
all the time and just stare at it in disbelief... I actually own
one!!! So the moral of my pep talk is... stick to your guns. If you
want a D then do what it takes to get one, and ignore everyone
elses "informed" opinions. -Louie

click here