[DMCForum] Re: Am I the only one?

Ok pardon my language here.

Most potential DMC owners are CHEAP FUCKS!!

Last winter I was selling a mint 81, Vin 3171 5 speed grey. It only
has 2,400 miles on it and all it needed was the head gaskets
replaced. Everything else on the car was mint, interior, stainless,
rims, original NCT's undercarriage perfect, grooved hood.

I started off asking 15K for it, but in reality I was hoping to get
13-135K for it, basically just a bit more than I had in it.

I had all kinds of lowlife scum calling me and lowballing me in
every possible manner. People pretending to be "experts" on the car
and saying in it's condition it is worth $7,500, or it should be
used for parts. Yep, a 2000 mile Delorean as a parts car.

People calling me and not even wanting to realize the car is
perfect, and just needs some engine work.

Basically none of these people would make what I call the "ideal
Delorean owner" They have no passion for the car really, they just
want one to have one, and generally would even have a shitty
attitude about it even if they owned one.

I was about to sell it to a guy named Vince Grenari, and at the last
minute he tried to lowball be after he said yes to $13,750, he
stooped to $12,500.

I had a nice guy from Kentucky named Jovan Brown fly up to see it,
and once he saw it in person, he bought it on the spot for $13,500.
He really was excited, and he had the passion for the car, that we
all have. You could tell it talking with him.

When Vince called me the next day to raise his offer to $13,000, and
I had the great pleasure to basically call him a cheap fuck and that
it was sold to someone who would appreciate it. Turns out this Vince
guy has done the lowball approach to every Delorean owner in or near
Ohio for years, and he still doesn't have one. Probably never will,
as the car has to be almost perfect, need NO work, and be way below
market value. And he drove up in a $50,000 BMW.

Jovan recently moved to a house without a garage, and he ended up
selling it for $17,500 after he fixed the head gaskets, even after
he drove it 9,000 miles last year.

Som YES, every idiot and lowballing bastard will come out of the
woodwork trying to lowball you to death, and for some reason,
ESPECUALLY with a Delorean. Never had as many cheap bastards when I
sold my other cars (camaros, mustang).

Best of luck selling it for what you need to get out of it.

Joe OBrien

2524
16634
16851

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stitsien" <stitsien@xxxx> wrote:

> What in the hell?!?!
>
> Ever since I put my car up for sale because I'm leaving North
America
> I've gotten every nut, idiot and cheap bastard looking to low ball
me
> to death. How many of you here have sold a D before? Is this
normal?
> I just love it when someone tells you "This is the nicest De
Lorean
> I've seen so far" and then calls you a week later saying that
they're
> looking at two other ones that are cheaper and ask if I'll take
> 3,5,10K of the price of the car! I tell them they're insane and to
> call back if they actually ever get A) the cash to buy a De Lorean
or
> B) Know the different between a car that's been sitting in a barn
for
> 20 years and a car that's got the miles to prove it's in tip top
> mechanical shape.
>
> Well that's the end of my rant just can't believe how many
repugnant
> cheap worms come up when trying to sell a car.
>
> Matt Vin 0789

click here