[DMCForum] Re: Did Someone Piss In Marc's Cornflakes? (Marc)

[DMCForum] Re: Did Someone Piss In Marc's Cornflakes? (Marc)

When did everything become so black & white for Marc: either the
"other Greg" is right or he is wrong. Perhaps he in fact resides in a
nebulous boorish and opinionated grey area.

Re: carburetion -- you overlooked the single biggest benefit: ease of
access. I can pop my DeLo's intake manifold off in less than 2
minutes. Don't even need to do that to replace my spark plug wires.
The passenger valve cover is leaking on my new truck, and is totally
covered up by the air plenum. Am not looking forward to removing all
that crap just to replace one piece of rubber. The carb is one of the
smallest components on my 460's. Sits unobtrusively in the middle of
the intake manifold, not in the way of anything. I have better things
to do than spend an entire weekend disassembling an engine just to
replace plug wires or valve cover gaskets.

Carburetion is also fool proof. My engines vaporize their own fuel. As
long as the intakes are vacuum tight, I have proper metering
guaranteed. No hot or cold start issues. No fluctuating idle speed. No
leaking or unbalanced injectors. No backfires or muffler explosions.
Takes all the challenge out of DeLo ownership.

Carburetion is also inexpensive. Rebuilt carb with lifetime warranty
costs $150. Brand new Edelbrock costs $250. And remember -- that is
*ALL* you need. One stop fuel metering, versus many fuel injection
components (each of which costs more than a carb).

Carburetion also uses low pressure fuel pump -- $12 for generic 4-8
PSI versus $190 for a high pressure Bosch. Fuel filter costs $1.99.
Low PSI fuel hose costs less than a dollar per foot (of which you only
need enough to get from the tank to the carb).

Safe to say I *PREFER* it over injection...

Bill Robertson