[DMCForum] No air blows when on vent, heater, or defrost

[DMCForum] No air blows when on vent, heater, or defrost

Hi all,
     Alright, I've got another question here on how to fix
something.  I know that I usually only post when I need some advice,
but I promise I'm on here everyday and feel like I know you guys, so
I hope you don't think that I only come on here when I have a
question.  I'm kind of a shy person in real life, so I guess that
somewhat translates to my forum habits.
Now that that's settled....   :)

When my mode switch is on "max a/c, norm a/c, or bi-level," air
blows just fine and the fan-speed switch does exactly what it's
supposed to, at all 4 speeds.  But when I switch to "vent, heater,
or defrost," no air blows out at all.  You can turn the fan speed
switch to whatever you like and nothing happens.  I read in the
owner's manual that when the heater is on, air comes out of the
footwells, and I haven't checked if it actually does on mine or not,
but on all three of these settings, absolutely nothing comes out of
the middle console or the door vents, and on a cold night the
interior of the car does not warm up.  I know my fan motor works,
because as I said it's all fine and dandy with the A/C, and also
there is that normal "vacuum" sound that lasts for a second or so
when switching between modes.  I don't think it's a vacuum issue,
it's just a matter of getting the blower to turn on when in a
heating mode.  But then what do I know, I've only had my car for 4
and a half months.

-Derek L
VIN 5302

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor