[DMCForum] Re: Carbureting DeLoreans

I'll chime in since I've driven Bill's car, owned 2 DeLoreans and
have driven a bunch of others. The big difference I can tell with
Bill's car is it makes a lot more power in the lower rpms. Like he
said in an earlier post we were rallying through Charlotte traffic
the other day and he kept up with me easily, and without going over
5k RPMS while I was redlining mine. He'd easily lose me on take
offs, but I might be able to beat him once my car picked up steam
and got moving. That's probably only because he hasn't got his
jetting just right on his carb yet. When the secondary kicks in it
absolutely drowns his car with fuel.

I think if he can find a way to fix that his car would be a little
rocket ship. Look into Bill's folder in the photos section of either
the DMCNews or DMCForum yahoo websites (#5939). You'll see how much
simpler and lower Bill's intake manifold is. The stock DeLo intake
routes incoming air all over creation. Bill's basically has a little
chamber below the carb with 6 spider legs going straight to the
heads. I know intake manifolds are designed to tweak hp and torque
for different applications and so Bill's manifold also might be why
his car seems to make more low end torque than a stock DeLorean PRV
does.

The best thing by far with his engine though is access and ease of
maintanence. It takes him two minutes to get his intake manifold
off. Bill did it at a gas station in Pigeon Forge. He took off the
manifold then had it back on before his car was filled up LOL! And
none of this BS with DeLo idle problems either... hmm... *starts
considering carburetion* LOL! -Louie

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
Was there any noticeable difference in performance?
BOB

click here