Re: [DMCForum] Re: Carbureting DeLoreans

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Carbureting DeLoreans

Louie and Bill,

Your description of the way Bills car drives is really very interesting.
  I assumed that the ram tubes on the delorean-like the ones on S B C,
etc. were designed to increase low end torque.

However, I know that short ram tubes favor higher rpms.   The most
extreme example of long ram tubes was on the chrysler BB hemi with cross
ram 4BBL.  I think the runner were like 24-36" inches.  It was a torque
monster.

The ram tubes on the D are  appear to be more targeted to mid to upper
range rpm base on the ram tube length of the Rochester fuel injections
for the SBC in the mid 60s.   However, it may well be that the ram
tubes, with the restrictive air intake system are just illusions.

I would really like to see some dyno data on Bills engine, but that is
tough to get. Most of the time they to bring in the dyno until after
3000 rpm.  You have to ask them to start it at 2,000.

Bob

click here