[DMCForum] Re: Village Idiot Returns (Farrar)

[DMCForum] Re: Village Idiot Returns (Farrar)

In the bad old days (when our PRV's were manufactured) there was no
such thing as a gasoline engine "designed" for injection or
carburetion. Once inside the cylinders it didn't matter how the fuel
was vaporized.

My current PRV is every bit as much a low compression B28 as any other
DeLorean's (tests @ 160 PSI). Even the heads are basically identical
-- mine were simply never drilled for fuel injector ports (look
closely and you'll see flat areas cast into them for such). The
difference is from the heads north.

If you want to get technical, my engine was intended to run propane in
an industrial setting. That's the carb it came with.

The thing has a Peugeot ID tag, which I unfortunately don't know how
to decode. Latest date yet found is December 1985, stamped on the
thermostat. As a Peugeot it should have better head gaskets than a
stock DeLorean (see related message on the List). Manifold matches
Volvo A series identically -- perhaps Peugeot used the same? Renault
did not.

Bill Robertson