[DMCForum] Re: old member new owner

I'd start off with a custom box enclosure, 4 pro series JBL speakers
to replace the stock, get a gps/MP3/DVD player for the stock unit,
and add midrange tweeters near the headliners. And also make sure to
install a wired line to run it off the wall, cause for 6k and the
problems listed, you won't be moving it for some time.

Seriously, with just the issues you mentioned, put the stereo out of
your mind for like 2 years minimum, think fuel system, drivetrain,
brake & clutch hydraulics, interior, bodywork, frame, cooling
system, etc. just to start.

Unless you have some money to invest, you may want to hold off
unless you are mechanically savvy, and don't mind a bit of work. For
the condition you mentioned, 3k might be a stretch. I sold a dead on
mint 81 with a blown head gasket last year for just under 14k with
less than 3,000 miles on the car.

Don't sour the taste of the Delorean by letting this be your first
taste.

Just a FYI.

Joe OBrien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:

> I have been a member of this list for some time now, but not an
owner
> of a DMC-12, until this week. I am about to buy a 81 for 6k.
What's
> the catch? It's painted red, it's got a blown head gasket, it's
got
> the eyebrow effect but I think that is all of the stuff that is
wrong
> with it.. or at least I hope it is. Well I guess that I'll find
out.
> I was wondering how hard is it to install a sound system in a
> DeLorean? -Josh

click here