[DMCForum] Bob Zilla saved the day

I was driving my DeLorean out of town yesterday when the alternator belt fell off.  I hear it go "zing".  The battery light comes on, and the engine temp starts to rise.  Okay, it was my fault for having an off-brand cheapy belt that was bought in an emergency from a rural hardware store in Vermont -- obviously not a 'proper vendor'.  Anyway, the free-bee tool kit that Bob Zilla handed out at the one of the DeLorean Car Shows came in really handy.  I was able to put what was left of the bad belt back on and limp to the nearest autoparts store.  Shame on me for not having an extra set of belts in the car.  I must have taken them out when unpacking from a trip.

Shall we put a list together of spares & tools that most mechanically inclined travelers should keep in their DeLoreans?  I don't mean like Bill Roberston who manages to pack a whole shop under his hood.  But what should the basics be?  Belts, a few hoses, quart of oil, brake fluid, gallon of water, etc....?

Walt

click here