[DMCForum] Re: test...

Guess it is just a hebit I have, but mainly in reverse as I gingerly
use the clutch to back it into the garage. I usually wear thick
soled shoes, so I just naturally put my bare feet in the same
position.

For your gas pedal, maybe you should sex some soft carpet onto the
rubber cover while it is off, then slip it back on and see how it
feels. As long as your feet don't make the carpet too filthy I guess
it would work out. More grippage than just a steel pedal.

Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> > You'd use shoes if you had a 5 speed though. Trying to
> manipulate
> the hydraulic clutch with your toes can be painful.
>
> Hi Joe, I suppose that it is all in how you hold your foot.
> I've driven 5-speeds with no problem barefoot.  I don't use
> my toes but rather the ball of my foot (the pad rearward of
> my toes.)  Now on my automatic I had to pull the rubber pad
> off of the throttle pedal because the grooves were carving
> into my foot.  That started on the trip from Tampa to Pigeon
> Forge.  That pedal is too narrow, so I want to find
> something to make it more comfortable.  Since the Pigeon
> Forge show, I've been driving with bare steel pedal.
>
> Walt

click here