Re: [DMCForum] Gay Marriage legal

--- DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know some of you are self proclaimed Gods, some
> hate all Republicans,
> others just hate Republicans and anything or anybody
> that isn't a
> Democrat, some just like to bitch about it, some
> dont, some believe in
> Santa, some dont, some like finger food and some
> dont but i have a
> serious question for you all.

I am not a god, I don't hate republicans or anyone who
is not a democrat, I do like to bitch though.  I do
not believe in Santa, and enjoy finger food.

> Here are my questions....
>
> #1. Gay marriage has happened in some states, is
> this a real marriage
> in the state it was issued in or statewide?

As you point out, it is for the state to decide.  In
the state where the marriage took place it would be
considered a real marriage.  However, while other
states have historically recognized marriages in all
other states, the issue of Gay marriage has put some
states in a position where they may not honor a gay
marriage from another state.

> #2. Is this a Legal marriage?

If the state says it is.. It is.

> #3. Did i spell Marriage correct?

I think so.. I rely on spell check.

> #4. If this is legal and they decide to pass a
> federal law statewide
> against the marriage's will they be null and void or
> will the lucky few
> be still considered married?

if the federal government bans gay marriage, it will
be up to them to decide if they want to nullify all
prior gay unions, or grandfather them.

> #5. Please do not blame or include the word Bush or
> Republicans in your
> answer's, i just want simple answer's.

Did I do OK?

> I am not against this subject in anyway i just am
> looking to understand
> this subject a little more and educate myself  in
> this forum since this
> forum has one post a month about Deloreans and I
> already did my one
> post a month about Deloreans.

Not much has changed on DeLoreans in the past 20+
years.  If you want to see the same questions answered
over and over again the DML seems to be doing a good
job with it!  LOL