Re: Farrar and Martin are MIA...Re: [DMCForum] Actually on topic - well

Re: Farrar and Martin are MIA...Re: [DMCForum] Actually on topic - well maybe not

Try ultra II Wide LVD.  That is what I am running in one of my CAD
stations, it pushes 80MB and might be old but still out performs most
new systems.

Andrei

Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd wrote:

>Still here, the delete key is getting a lot of use on the 'forum though.
>I'm v busy right now and my main hard disk is playing silly buggers and
>needs cajoling into spinning up. Took 2 hours of faffing tonight to get
>it to work.
>
>Can anyone tell me what type of HDD I have? I "borrowed" an Adaptec
>AHA2940 PCI SCSI card from work together with an ancient double-height
>3.5" 9.1Gb Quantum drive plus a Seagate Cheetah 3.5Gb. These two drives
>were old when I knobbled them, and that was in '99, They've worked
>flalessly running my Win98 PC ever since, but the Seagate's getting
>temperamental. I  know I should be able to find a cheap replacement with
>oodles more capacity but I haven't  a clue what they are - all I know is
>I used to call it "Ultra wide SCSI" - it has a smaller D-type connector
>instead of the ones that look like IDE but are longer (SCSI 2 ?). The
>drive in question doesn't even have teh D-type connector on it, but as
>longer wierd connector which includes the power rails! It then has a
>little daughterboard that goes on this giving me my bus connector and
>standard 4-pin power. I haven't worked with PC's for 5 years now and am
>well out of touch!
>
>Martin
>
>Andrei Cular wrote:
>

>>Last night I was wondering why we haven;t heard from them in sometime as
>>well.  I kind of miss Farrars quotes and intresting view points, and
>>Prof Martin reminding people of basic physics.  Cause we all know now HP
>>is caluclated based on time, and that a high HP engine will take out a
>>high torque engine any and every day ;)
>>
>>Andrei
>>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

click here