[DMCForum] Re: your first impression of DMC

[DMCForum] Re: your first impression of DMC

Well, if we talk about the first time I saw one, when I was old enough to care
and understand what I was looking at, that would be in Groton, CT.

I was blown away by how low-slung the car is. The rear glass on the sides
was strange to me, but I understood their function. To me, the DeLorean is the
Millenium Falcon of cars. The steel body was so strange, yet so common
sense to me. The overall shape struck me as an amalgamation of wedges and
trapazoids somehow smoothly fused together.

It's difficult for me to really to commit to projects sometimes. There are a lot
of things in life I've started but never finished. This isn't one of them. My
interest in the car -beyond- the movie became so intense that I have tried to
read all literature with the words "DeLorean" and "Volvo" in it. I've struggled to
learn every bolt and weld in it's construction. I've always had basic automotive
skills but soon I found myself learning systems I'd never bother with, like A/C
and mechanical fuel injection (in depth).

It never ends. Now I'm trying to learn more about more exotic cars, like V-12
engines, Jags, pasta-rockets, rotorary engine vehicles, Corvairs, etc.

I'm thinking of a '79-'81 Jag XJS V-12, perhaps a convertible next. I won't sell
the DeLorean to do it though. I'm going to build a stable.