[DMCForum] Re: ON TOPIC...fuel...

Greg,

I would use Houston's fuel tank rebuilt "kit" It includes all the
hoses, clamps, pump, pickup screen, the infamous bendy pick up hose
(reinforce it with a spring from home depot or Lowes). High pressure
fuel line, return line. Pull the baffle out, clean it thoroughly,
even go as far to scrub it clean with a toothbrush to remove all
varnish. Take some clean gas on a white rag and wipe the tank to
check for ANY debris, (tough to squeeze my big arms in the fuel pump
hole). Clean as best you possibly can, wiping everywhere. Reassemble
it all, might as well replace the fuel sender at the same time, then
after it is all reassembled, and tightened, and NO leaks are
present, you should be good to go for quite awhile.

I've done the procedure several times, and have had great success
with it. And as of recently, I'd probably go with Houston's newer
style pump as it comes with a 1 year warranty unlike the NOS setup.

Best of luck,

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634

In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> I need to get my car running and able to move under its own power
soon so it
> can go to my master 'glasser.  I need opinions on the best parts
to put the
> tank back together.  I cleaned the tank a long time ago and it has
just been
> waiting for me to make a decision.
>
> The original, I think, baffle is still in there though I may have
damaged
> the screen when I was cleaning everything.  I want to do it right
and only
> do it once, so I am up for swapping or getting anything I need to
do that.
> I need a fuel sender, pick up lines, and fuel pump cover but I
think my pump
> is ok.
>
> What does everyone suggest?
>
> Greg