RE: [DMCForum] Now, this is a good idea.

RE: [DMCForum] Now, this is a good idea.

--- Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> It's soooo terrible in your eyes have your values
> come from being a
> Christian, right?  But okay to get your values from
> being Jewish or
> something else like Hollywood, liberal friends, or
> the media?

NOT ONCE in my Jewish education was I ever told I was
going to Hell (or something else evil would happen) if
I disobeyed the rules of the religion...  Nor, have I
ever been told by Hollywood that I have to do what
they say or risk the penalty of eternal torture.

> Marc -- where do you think Christian values came
> from?  Judaism!  Christ
> himself was a Jew.  Why do you think they are called
> "Judeo-Christian
> values" anyway?  Our country was founded on these
> same values.

Our country was founded on FREEDOM of religion.
Europeans came here for FREEDOM of religion.

> It's apparent you have a real hatred of Christians,
> but I'm not sure why.

I have no hatred of Christians.  This may be your
interpretation of my statements, but it is incorrect.
I am not even sure what you base this assumption on.

> It seems to me that you think the lives of the
> majority of this country are
> 100% ruled by their faith (which is untrue), and
> this really steams you.
> Care to expound?

We could have another whole 300+ message debate on my
problems with organized religion.. Especially ones
which proselytize.  But, I'd like to see this
discussion slow up because I have spent way too much
time on it. Maybe next time the list is slow we can
dive in to this one.  LOL