[DMCForum] Re: Homo sexual households.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> Hospital visits are sometimes limited to "immediate
> family".. Not to mention, the ability to sign consent
> paperwork for medical treatment

1. The hospital visit argument is tired and lame. The solution is not
to be a wimp about it. Hospital staff are not police officers. When
they say, "We're sorry, visits are limited to immediate family only"
you say, "I'm his lover. Now, get the hell out of my way or I'm going
to call the police first, and my lawyer second."

Or if you're a chicken you simply say, "I'm his brother." I've done
this in the past to get into the E.R. when a friend was electrocuted
and his family wasn't around to comfort him.

This is simply NOT an issue.

2. Ability to sign consent paperwork: You don't have to be married to
take care of this. People do this for others all the time. All you
need is a lawyer and a little paperwork and you can sign consent forms
for one another. Simple.

-Ryan

click here