Re: [DMCForum] Re: My view on Abortion.

--- John Dore <dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> If Bush outlaws abortion, I'll be impressed.

I wont.. It will just be the beginning of the end to
freedom of religion.

> Why are you pro choice? What do you think of my
> comments that people
> should either live up to their responsibilities, or
> at the very least
> give the baby up for adoption?

Yes, people should take responsibility for their
actions.  But, lets start with the obvious argument of
Rape.  It is awful to ask a rape victim to carry a
child for 9 months, as a constant reminder of the
crime..  Then imagine BEING that child, knowing you
were "unwanted". Sad to say, but if the child is black
it is impossible (in America) to find a home for it.
Families looking to adopt go to Europe and Asia
because they don't want black babies...  How cold is
that?

Things happen, and there are unwanted pregnancies.  We
have a humane way of dealing with it.  Unwanted dogs
and cats are killed every day, sure it is a shame but
it better than the alternatives.

> The answer to your question is easy! I am not
> against killing a
> tumor. I am against killing human life. I don't
> think anyone would
> seriously consider an embryo a tumor no matter which
> side of the
> fence they are on!

I don't consider a "potential human" the same as human
life..  Next, do we make masturbation illegal because
it is a waste of "potential life"?

> If you don't choose the moment of conception as the
> beginning of
> human life, you cannot ever be sure when exactly
> these cells do turn
> into human life, so how can abortion ever be
> considered with any
> degree of accuracy as NOT killing a human life? How
> do we know?

We don't.  We have to do what is best with the
information available.  "conception is the beginning
of human life" is a personal call usually based on
religious factors..  By imposing a LAW that
essentially says life begins at conception is forcing
a religious belief on all people...  Removing freedom
of religion.