RE: [DMCForum] ABORTION RIGHTS

>>"but population control is not the answer."
>
>It is the only answer.
>The balance of life is an evolutionary fact that has allowed life to
>exist for millions of years on this planet.   Look at the ecological
>history of Easter Island to find out what a lack of population control
>causes.

That would seem to me you would be for mass extermination and or deciding
who can or can not have children.  Who is qualified to decide who can or can
not have children?  How would you react if someone came to you and told you
that you weren't approved to have children or decided you had too many?  It
seems to me the "balance of life" has been able to manage things pretty well
without our messing it up.

>"The very person you prevent from being born could solve one of the
>biggest problems."
>
>I have heard this STUPID line for so many years, it is boring.  If there
>is not enough mental diversity in 6 billion people, it isn't going to
>happen.

I wish I could find the longer version of the one I posted about Beethoven
as it includes many more well-know people.  I think Einstein was on that
list as well.  It is not "stupid", it is called natural selection.  Even in
chaos there is order.  Because it takes so long to happen does not mean it
won't happen; that is failed logic.

>JUST look as history.  Most "geniuses" occurred with less than 1 billion
>people on this planet.   We have tried this diversity experiment 5 more
>times and guess what NO MORE  GENIUSES.

Well, there you go.  It must be no longer worthwhile to try so let's move on
to selective breeding.  Earth, Hitler, 1938.

>The real facts is that we are limiting science in this country (AKA stem
>cell research) just like the catholic church did during the Dark AGES.
>Scientific Research funding has been cut almost 50% under BUSH.

Science has always been limited as it takes so long to produce anything that
people can reap a profit from; this is not new.  I was just talking with
someone today about how my university struggled for years to build -one- new
science building in something like ten years when the athletic department
got anything they want.  That didn't happen under Bush.  Bush is not the
cause for every problem on the planet.

>>"The converse can be interpreted as the same."
>Please explain, I don't get the converse of what?

The converse... the opposite.

You stated:

>The point here is that "right to lifers" are FORCING THEIR DEFINITION of
>life on other people and they DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO LEGISLATE
>existential concept.  THAT IS STUPID!

The people who argue opposite of the "right to lifers" can also be seen as
forcing their definition of life on other people and not having the right to
legislate, which could also be called "stupid" by some.

Greg

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada