From: Walter Coe [mailto:Whalt@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 10:42 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: NO OIL SHORTAGE WHATSO EVER!

> The dyslexia also goes along with high
intelligence.

{Walt sits there gloating}

> Sorry, about you dad.

Thanx, we all gotta go sometime.  I think he made it to 68
y/o.

> I have not heard about heat strips that grow mold. Can you
be more
specific.?

Yes.  What I was trying to describe is that down wind of an
attic mounted evaporator/blower, there were heat strips, and
down wind of that was sheet metal duct lined with fiberglass
fluff.  All of it was growing mold.  The heat strips were
growing mold per se because they were covered in years of
dust, so it was the dust on the heat strips that were
growing the mold.  These heat strips were out of service for
years because my dad mounted the oil furnace in a closet
below and blowing into the attic mounted airconditioner.
What a mess.  What made the mold really bad is that my
father liked to run the blower continuously while the
compressor cycled on/off.  For those of you who dont know
about household systems, running the blower continuously is
a disaster for growing mold.  If the blower cycled with the
compressor then the evaporator stays wet and drains.  But if
you continually blow air on it when it isn't cold, then all
the water that it previously accumulated now gets blown into
the ductwork keeping it damp allowing mold to grow.  We had
mold growing everywhere -- on the walls, furniture, etc.
Florida is a damp climate anyway.  What helped add to the
dust in the ductwork was soot from the furnace.

Maybe all this toxicity explains the problem with my mom.  I
love her.  She is one of the sweetest women in the world,
but she is a quintessential blonde.  She is the poster child
of where all the blonde jokes come from.  I kid you not.
Maybe all those fumes over the years explains some of it.

I took a nap this evening.  Even tho I was asleep, I could
feel tremors in my hands which I think is Parkinson's.  On
the bright side, it makes me feel that I have a closer
connection with Michael J. Fox & the BTTF series.

Walt

click here